Wednesday 8 August 2012

Saints for kids

My husband and I decided that we would give all of our children saints names as their Christian names, which many people do. But we wanted our children to really look to that saint as some one to emulate and when it comes to some saints it's hard to get information about them, let alone a picture.

Not being one that is daunted by a challenge I ended up finding information for Saints Jerome, Madeleine Sophie Barat and Georgia. However when it came to Saint Georgia I was unable to find a picture so based on her life story and the time in which she lived I ended up designing an image that was very kid-friendly for my own 2 year old Georgia. And of course, once you design one for one child...

So here are the pictures:



Which I transfered onto t-shirts:



And then converted to handmade dolls for the kids to play with:



Email me if you would like to see a design for your child's patron saint or favourite Biblical figure!

1 comment: